Wellness, not so long ago was a part of our everyday life. Life was a series of gentle balances, in a rhythm that resonated with the sun just as the sunflower nods it’s way to sunset. And if it did wobble a bit, we had poultices, massages, wraps, rubs, scrubs and concoctions to gently set us right.
( And then came the world of more - live more, do more, work more, earn more... nothing seemed to be enough !! And to seek more we headed to the cities and ‘built’ more.... till life was a breathless, short run. And wellness was outside the ‘world of more’) – only for facebook and blog.
Welcome to the world of wellness - Mekosha and let wellness embrace you everyday, in many ways. Amidst the quiet of nature - wellness, in the fresh, healthy food - wellness, in the quite uncluttered suites, spacious and light - wellness and in the magical hands of your personal masseur or masseuse - wellness.
Drive less than an hour from the Trivandrum airport, through the bustling towns of south Kerala, into Attingal and to the high banks of river Attingal Aaru, a quiet backwater stretch. Mekosha, awaits ! A chic modern building stands away at the far corner of a large estate sprawled along the river front, with shaded bamboo groves, a short stretch of wild garden and large expanse of green, tree lined and tranquil. This is where Mekosha’s spa-suites await your attention. Elegant and subtle, the suites open away from shaded sit-outs that are your private spaces leading into your suites. Inside, the suites are among some of the most spacious accommodation seen in retreats, at the far end is your in-suite spa that looks over the pool in front and the river that flows by the side.
The elegant furniture comprises of a generous bed, a wall to wall high cabinet, a comfortable low and a handmade lamp that literally steals the show. The cupboards ideal for long wellness vacations are almost as spacious as the attached bathrooms with all modern fittings and fragrant natural toiletries.
Mekosha has many large open spaces and partly shaded porticos to sit out with a book or a healthy drink. The pool on the top deck is another area for relaxation set out just outside the suites. Meals can be private or sitting together with a group of friends you have just made at Mekosha. While on the subject of meals, the fresh and hearty meals served at Mekosha are a gourmand’s delight and refreshing in its aim to nourish you – planned and served with genuine care !
The wellness experience at Mekosha includes a series of ayurvedic and aroma therapy massages under the care of your personal masseuse or masseur but always recommended by the retreat’s ayurvedic doctor. The idea is to create a wellness routine for the length of your stay that conforms to your pace and needs. The treatment and therapies of Ayurveda are conducted in the special treatment rooms while the gentler massagers using essential oils are in the en-suite spa beds, allowing you the luxury of lying back after the massage. The bamboo garden and other open sit-outs in the garden by the river are ideal for simpler massages like the foot and shoulder messages etc.
Close to the city of Attingal, famous for the Devi temple and a short drive from Varkala, Mekosha is surrounded by interesting temples one of the reasons the energies here are peaceful yet powerful. Mekosha, is for perfect to take off on the spur to align your centre or a planned detox or destress - a world of wellness before you head back to routine.
We were here for three nights.....so much in such a little bit of time! Mekosha is an ayurvedic resort in beautiful South India. I found the place on here, and subsequently searched the interwebs...
Mekosha is a haven, with friendly people and a serene, beautiful ambience . We were there for 13 days for healing and rejuvenation, and have come away feeling all that - rested, rejuvenated, and...
We needed a retreat to recuperate and recharge. Mekosha gave us all of that and more! From the Ayurveda Therapies to the People - it was truly a recharge. From the moment you step in and take in the...
Nearest Airport : Thiruvananthapuram, 30 Km
Nearest Railway Station :
Nearest Bus Station :
11. CANCELLATION AND POSTPONEMENT POLICY a) Rooms will only be hard blocked (a confirmed booking) on payment of 50% advance. b) A cancellation or postponement more than 30 days before expected arrival will result in full refund /carry over of advance. c) A cancellation or postponement between 15-30 days before expected arrival will forfeit 50% of the advance paid. d) A cancellation less than 15 days before expected arrival will forfeit 100 % of the advance paid. e) If the guest cuts short his/her stay after check-in, cancellation charges of 1 night at rack rates will be taken. The Package Tariff holds in its entirety.
1. Rates given within this website include Doctors’ consults, a yoga-acharya consult on checking-in, one major and one minor treatment a day (unless otherwise prescribed by the Doctor), group sessions a day of yoga, pranayama, bed-tea/coffee, all 3 meals in the restaurant, Wi-Fi and accommodation.
2. There are specific doctor-led programs for different health issues. Since Ayurveda has no one-solution fits all prescriptions, the individual treatment regime will be developed by the doctor during the check-in consultation with each guest.
3. Some specific programs are: Joint care, Detox / Panchakarma, rejuvenation, stress management, beauty program and anti-obesity.
4. The tariffs listed are valid till September 2018.
5. Optional extras include laundry, local transport and individual Yoga sessions.
6. This is a strictly vegetarian facility.
7. No alcohol is permitted.
8. Smoking is not allowed except in the designated smoking zone.
9. No outside food or drink items can be brought in.
10. CHECK IN, CHECK OUT POLICY. We have a 24 hour check out